Sunday, September 7, 2014

Seeing is being


If I see it I can become it for my sight drives my ambition
I cannot desire what I have not seen within or outside of myself
That is why I rise up everyday to a new day and a new world

The dreams I dream matter to me and the visions I see awaken me

Whether my eyes be open or not is no hindrance to my sight

For I can still connect, share, inspire, belong, pursue and become

The people around me, their journey and success inspires me

They are building blocks of a creation process towards greatness
They give rise to energy that propels me to step towards my destiny

My destiny is firmly rooted within me to create and overcome fate

I will soar over, above and beyond, like an eagle scanning a veld 
I will dream dreams, travel places, see what I have not seen before
I will get up, lift my eyes, take a step to explore and inquire
I possess the door to my destiny, for what I see stimulates me

Let me see the creative triggers which will ignite the passion within
Come they as man-made, natural, accidental or galactic occurrences
And I will have renewed excitement, ambition, passion and drive
To be more, do more and live more. If I can see it, I can be, I can do.

12 comments:

  1. That opening line rocked me Welli...my sight drives my ambition. Very profound...we have to see it first. Love that

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just can't tell what you really want until you see it. Simple point but often overlooked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing is believing. That saying, like most, comes from the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the line "the visions I see awaken me". Keep on dreaming, seeing, and doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "That is why I rise up everyday to a new day and a new world" - leaving yourself open to the possibilities that a new day may bring makes life rather exciting, doesn't it.
    Lenie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the line, " My destiny is firmly rooted within me to create and overcome fate".
    This is what I strongly believe...Sometimes you reach where you have never thought and never prepared for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I wake up in the morning I look at the day as another opportunity as I am alive. What I do with that day is my own vision. Well written

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, thanks for sharing your poetic side :) I try to write poetry, but tend to put it off which is silly because it can be such a good avenue to self-expression.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this Willie, all of it; so much so I've bookmarked it. The phrase 'If I see it I can become it for my sight drives my ambition" it really says it all, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are good words for all of us to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great way to start my Monday! Thanks for the inspiration to get up and get going and embrace all life has to offer this week.

    ReplyDelete